Heavenly Vegan / Gluten-Free Bakery
Welcome to our recipe page where you will find many vegan cupcake and vegan food recipes for you to make and enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Please do check back regularly for more great vegan recipes.
Mint Chip Vegan Ice Cream - Serves 4
This smooth chocolate ice cream accented by fresh mint is sure to brighten up any hot summer day.
What You Need:
3 large bananas cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen overnight
2 tablespoons almond milk
Seeds from 1 split vanilla pod
1 tablespoon cacao powder
3 tablespoons cacao nibs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
What You Do:
1. In a food processor add bananas, almond milk, vanilla seeds, and cacao powder.
2. Process for 1 to 2 minutes to break up banana. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process again until the bananas turn into a soft-serve consistency, repeat as needed. Add cacao nibs and 2 tablespoons mint and pulse a few times to incorporate.
3. Garnish with fresh mint. Serve immediately
Garlicky Tempeh Sandwiches - Serves 6
What You Need:
For the Garlic & Herb Marinade:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the sandwiches:
1/2 cup Garlic & Herb Marinade
1/4 cup tamari
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1-1/2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 8-ounce packages tempeh
1 green pepper, cut into quarters lengthwise
1 red pepper, cut into quarters lengthwise
1 orange or yellow pepper, cut into quarters lengthwise
2 red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
6 whole grain buns or rolls, split
Mustard, vegan mayonnaise, or other condiments, for serving
What You Do:
1. For the Garlic & Herb Marinade, place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Add tamari, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, rosemary, thyme, fennel, and pepper flakes. Whisk again to combine and set aside.
2. Cut tempeh into 4-ounce portions, yielding 6 pieces. Place tempeh pieces in a large casserole dish. Place peppers and onion in a separate casserole dish. Drizzle 1/3 of the marinade over tempeh and 1/3 of marinade over vegetables. Place both casserole dishes in refrigerator and leave to marinate for several hours.
3. On a heated grill, place tempeh and vegetables and brush with remaining marinade. Grill tempeh until well-browned, about 5 to 7 minutes per side, and vegetables until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear. Using metal tongs or a spatula, transfer cooked tempeh and vegetables to a large platter for service. If desired, grill buns for 1 to 2 minutes. Assemble each sandwich with one portion of tempeh, a few slices of grilled peppers and onions, and desired condiments.
Tip: Use the Garlic & Herb Marinade to marinate vegetables, tofu, or faux meat; as a basting sauce during grilling; or as a base for other sauces and dressings. It will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Heavenly Crème Patisserie Tart - Makes 6
250g - 9oz Wholemeal Flour
50g - 2oz Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon dry yeast
150ml - 5fl oz Soya Milk at room temperature
25g – 1oz soft vegan margarine
1. Put the flour, sugar and yeast in a large bowl and mix together.
2. Form a well in the centre and pour in the soya milk. Add in the chopped margarine. Combine with a wooden spoon. Then knead in to a ball, and then cover with a cloth and leave to rise for 2 hours.
3. Sprinkle the dough with flour and knead again.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the dough in to a circle approximately 2mm – 1 – 8inch thick and lift it in to a floured tart tin.
5. Place the dough over the top of the tin and press lightly until it is completely covered on the inside. Lightly press with your fingers around the inside edge just to make sure it is firmly against the edges and stays there.
6. Place the tart in a preheated oven at 190c Gas mark 5 between 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Once cooking has finished, place the tin out on a cooling rack until it has completely cooled. Once cooled, transfer it on a cooling rack ready to fill.
Vanilla Crème Filling
50g – 2oz Soft Vegan Margarine
150g – 50oz Caster Sugar
2 Rounded Tablespoon Rice Flour
150ml – 5fl oz Soya Milk
1 Vanilla Pod
2 Teaspoon Ground Arrowroot
1.With a hand held mixer or food processor, cream the margarine and sugar together until soft and fluffy. Then transfer it to a mixing bowl.
2.Mix in the rice flour
3.Slit the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds in to the soya milk. Bring to the boil and add to the creamed margarine.
4.Combine and transfer the mixture in to the pan.
5.Add ground arrowroot mixed with 1 tablespoon of water and heat gently while whisking continuously. Bring to the boil (the mixture will start to thicken), remove from the heat and continue whisking for about 2 minutes.
6.Once you see the crème cooling down, pour it in to your individual tins or one large 9 inch tin and then leave to cool.
7.Once completely cooled, serve it straight away.
8.You can add any fruit of your choice on top of the tart. Use your creative side here and have some fun. Enjoy.